Monday, March 7, 2011

My Very First Mother's Day

As my first Mother's Day drew near I was excited. I had waited my whole life to be a mom and was looking forward to a holiday dedicated to moms. I don't remember now what I thought the day would be like. I don't think I was expecting the heavens to part and angels to fly around and sing to me while a maid cleaned my house and a nanny helped with Aiden. I don't *think* that's what I was expecting. To be honest, who knows, I do tend to have pretty high expectations.

My first Mother's Day arrived in May of 2005. It was not what I had hoped. Sure, I was a mom and happy for that but the rest?? Pure, UGH. I sent out an email to my friends and family that day recapping my morning. Here it is:

Babies (and dogs) don't know it's Mother's Day.

1:30 AM Happy Mother's day!! I'm going to scream and
scream and scream until you get in here and put a
bottle in my mouth...and don't forget the
Tylenol...I'm teething.

3:30 AM Happy Mother's Day! What's that smell?
Oh...the dog had diarrhea on the rug...terrific!!

7:00 AM Happy Mother's Day!! I'm awake in
here...hello? HELLO? Get me out of this crib! Oh,
and by the way...I peed out my diaper so I'm soaked
and the crib is soaked....and....I POOPED too!!

7:20 AM Happy Mother's Day! Wow that cereal you fed
me was yummy...so are these Cheerios...cough
cough...that one went down the wrong way...Oops! I
threw up all over myself and the highchair.

7:30 AM Happy Mother's Day...while trying to do
laundry (see 7 and 7:20 AM) I discover I'm out of Tide
and will need to go to the store.

On this, my first Mother's Day I have learned the hard
way...babies don't know it's Mother's Day!


Ah, yes the joys of Motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment