Thursday, May 3, 2012

She Should Pay Us

Sadie and I have been in couples therapy since December.  Things were bad, we were bad, it was our last shot to fixing it.  Therapy has definitely helped and things are better. 

That said, I really think our therapist should be paying us.  Tonight she informed us that she looks forward to our sessions.  We all laugh, a lot.  We laugh at each other, the situations, our lives, etc.  Let's face it, there's a lot of material to work with.  I grew up with the undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic father, have issues communicating my feelings, and have enough emotional baggage I should really pay a bell hop to follow me around.  Sadie is the blind girl and stupid sh*t just happens to her because, well, she can't see it coming (insert ba dum bum here).  We're poor, we're crafty with our finances and resources and we've learned that even when the crap is hitting the fan if you laugh, it helps.  Tonight was no different.  At one point I really considered the idea that perhaps we should ask our therapist if we should bring Depends with us for her.  She had tears in her eyes from laughing so hard and was struggling to catch her breath.  She often tells us to take our act to the comedy connection.  I don't think we're that funny, I just think she probably just deals with a lot of dull, depressed people all day. 

No real point to this blog post except to say that laughter really is the best medicine and if you can laugh at yourself, kudos to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment